Frequently Asked Questions
You have questions, of course, you do.
Hopefully, you will find your answers here. :)
How does booking a private session work?
1) After you have chosen the Coach you'd like to
work with, go to our Book Coach page. From there,
you'll be able to view the calendars of each Coach.
Select your Coach and choose a time and date which works for you. If you can't find your particular date or time then please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org as sometimes the Coach will be able to work something out for you.
2) Pay for your booking with the peace of
mind which comes from using PayPal.
3) Add your 21 Accents Coach to your Skype as a
Zoom backup. Wait for your Zoom link.
4) Enjoy your lesson with your Coach over Zoom or
Skype. It is a good idea to have a mirror handy so
that you may see your hand and tongue positions for proper placement.
5) Practice in between your sessions. This may include worksheets and recordings in order to listen to your progress. You'll also be given a link to the video recording of your session so that you may watch it back at your leisure.
6) If you need to reschedule a session, you may do so up to 48 hours before the scheduled session time. No-shows are billed at the usual rate. We understand that plans change and we're grateful for as much notice as you can give so we may reschedule. Buying a session means that you agree to this policy.
What does the Standard American Accent Course consist of exactly?
19 videos, approximately 300 minutes in total, each including an accompanying worksheet.
3 live workshops are included which Students may take at their leisure (others are available for purchase).
Every workshop is recorded and students gain access to all prior workshop videos (currently about 25 hours).
If students cannot attend a live workshop, they may send in their questions to be answered during the next workshop.
Videos are typically paired sounds of cognate pairs, e.g. b & p, k & g, t & d.
Melody, rhythm, the vibe and bonus tips videos at the end.
Students receive a discount on the Course.
How do the course videos differ from the ones you provide for free on your YouTube channel?
The course videos are much more elaborate, include accompanying worksheets and are built to guide you along a course rather than the random tips we share for free. Of course, there are also exclusive workshops where you will learn our latest methods and practices, including the archive of past workshops.
I bought the course a while ago and the website seems different now. How do I gain access to the course?
You no longer need to log in to our website. Our new and improved course is now hosted at Teachable! If you are an existing student, email us at info@21Accents.com for a coupon code to purchase the course for a nominal $15 to cover Teachable's fees. :)
If I work with a Coach can I expect to master XXX accent?
Partner and Coach Alex is proof that it is absolutely possible. He was born in Spain, but after two years of working with Amy, Americans often comment that they think he was born here in the US.
Our coaches will do their best to help you reach and surpass your goals, but the biggest factor will be your continued practice and commitment. It's essential to study in between sessions. Your coach will help you to build a targeted, effective structure for continued self-study.
If you have any other questions, please send them to