You have questions, of course, you do. Hopefully, you will find your answers here.
How does booking a private session work?
1) After you have chosen the Coach you'd like to work with, go to our Book Online page. From here, you'll be able to view their calendar and choose a date and time which works for you. If you don't find the date or time you need then please email us at email@example.com. The Coach will do their best to work with your schedule. :)
2) Pay for your booking with the peace of mind which comes from using PayPal.
3) Enjoy your lesson with your Coach over Skype. It is a good idea to have a mirror handy so that you may see proper hand and tongue positions.
4) Practice in-between sessions with what the Coach has taught you. This may include worksheets and recording in order to listen to your progress. You'll also be given a link to the video recording of your session. :)
5) If you need to reschedule a session, you may do so up to 48 hours in advance of the scheduled session time. No-shows are billed at the usual rate. We understand that plans change, and we’re grateful for as much notice as you can give, so we can reschedule. Buying a Session means you agree to this policy.
What does the Standard American Accent Course consist of exactly?
19 videos, approximately 300 minutes in total, each including an accompanying worksheet.
3 live workshops included which student may take at their leisure (others are available for purchase).
Every workshop is recorded and students gain access to all prior workshop videos (currently about 25 hours).
If students cannot attend a live workshop, they may send in their questions to be answered during the next workshop.
Videos are typically paired sounds of cognate pairs, e.g. b & p, k & g, t & d.
Melody, rhythm, the vibe and bonus tips videos at the end.
How do the course videos differ from the ones you provide for free on your YouTube channel?
The course videos are much more elaborate, include accompanying worksheets and are built to guide you along a course rather than the random tips we share for free. Of course, there are also the exclusive workshops where you will learn our latest methods and practices, including the archive of past workshops.
I bought the course a while ago and the website seems different now. How do I gain access to the course?
You no longer need to login to our website. Our new and improved course is now hosted at Teachable! If you are an existing student, email us at for a coupon code to purchase the course for a nominal $15 to cover Teachable's fees. :)
If I work with a coach can I expect to master XXX accent?
Partner and Coach Alex is proof that it is absolutely possible. He was born in Spain, but after two years of working with Amy, Americans often comment that they think he was born here in the US.
Our coaches will do their best to help you reach and surpass your goals, but the biggest factor will be your continued practice and commitment. It's essential to study in between sessions. Your coach will help you to build a targeted, effective structure for continued self-study.